Office of Advocacy and Outreach (OAO)
Through coordination and collaboration, the Office of Advocacy and Outreach works across USDA to enhance access to services for the communities we serve.
- Improving the viability and profitability of small and beginning farmers and ranchers
- Improving access to USDA programs for historically underserved communities
- Improving agricultural opportunities for farm workers
- Closing the professional achievement gap by providing opportunities to talented and diverse young people to support the agricultural industry in the 21st century
This calendar lists conferences that OAO staff is participating in or that OAO is providing support to. To view past events click here.
USDA News Select is a selection of items from the main USDA Newsroom that addresses the constituent groups that the Office of Advocacy and Outreach works with - Small and Beginning Farmers and Ranchers, Socially Disadvantaged Farmers and Ranchers, Farmworkers, Tribal Land-Grant Colleges and Universities, Hispanic Serving Institutions, and 1890 Historically Black Colleges and Universities. To view all past USDA News Select items click here.
- Oct 23, 2012 Secretary Vilsack Announces Investments in Tribal Land-Grant Institutions
- Sep 26, 2012 USDA, Bureau of Indian Affairs, Work to Boost Access to Farm Programs in Indian Country
- Sep 24, 2012 Claims Filing Period for Hispanic and Women Farmers and Ranchers Who Claim Past Discrimination at USDA to Open on September 24, 2012
- Sep 24, 2012 Statement from Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack on Failure to Pass Food, Farm and Jobs Bill
- Sep 21, 2012 President Obama Signs Proclamation Designating Chimney Rock as a National Monument
- Sep 21, 2012 USDA Grants Awarded to Promote New Economic Opportunity for Farmers and Ranchers through Local and Regional Projects
- Sep 6, 2012 Secretary Vilsack Announces Availability of Grants to Improve Housing for Farm Workers
- Aug 30, 2012 Agriculture Secretary Vilsack Announces Grants to Support Beginning Farmers and Ranchers across 24 States
- Aug 29, 2012 Agriculture Secretary Vilsack Extends Emergency Grazing to Assist Ranchers Impacted by Drought
- Aug 22, 2012 Agriculture Secretary Vilsack Announces Rural Economic Development Funding Support Will Create and Retain Employment in Rural America
- Aug 16, 2012 USDA Seeks Applications for Grants to Help Agricultural Producers Bring Increased Value to Their Products
- Aug 15, 2012 USDA Announces Low-Interest Emergency Loans Now Available to Producers in 172 Additional Counties due to Drought
- Aug 14, 2012 Agriculture Secretary Vilsack Announces Economic Development Funding to Create Jobs, Economic Opportunity and Strengthen Rural Communities
- Aug 14, 2012 Council for Native American Farming and Ranching Holds First Meeting Today
- Aug 9, 2012 Agriculture Deputy Secretary Merrigan Announces New Opportunities for Small Meat and Poultry Processors
- Aug 8, 2012 USDA Announces Assistance for Socially Disadvantaged Farmers and Ranchers
- Aug 8, 2012 Agriculture Secretary Vilsack, Obama Administration Deliver New Drought Assistance to America's Producers
- Aug 3, 2012 USDA Directory Records More Than 7,800 Farmers Markets
- Aug 1, 2012 Obama Administration Announces $9 Million Investment in Rural Communities to Foster Job Creation and Innovation
Receive periodic updates about USDA news and programs that relate to OAO stakeholders. To sign up send an e-mail to AdvocacyandOutreach@osec.usda.gov. Include your organization's name, address, weblink, and a 1-2 sentence description of your organization's mission and target audience. We look forward to hearing from you!