In the Spotlight!
Apply now! USDA 1994 Tribal Scholars Program
Deadline: Sunday, February 5, 2017
Available to high school seniors entering their freshman year of college and rising college sophomores and juniors pursuing a bachelor's degree at a 1994 Land-Grant Tribal College or University.
Earn full tuition, paid internship, employee benefits, fees, books, and room and board each year for up to 4 years.
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or better. Scholar must maintain a GPA of 3.0 per semester once awarded a scholarship.
- Have been accepted for admission or currently attending one of the thirty-five 1994 Tribal Colleges and Universities.
- Demonstrate leadership and community service
- Submit an official transcript with the school seal and an authorized official's signature
- Submit a signed application (original signature only)
Majors In Demand
Majors in food, agriculture, natural resources, and other related fields of study are highly sought. However, opportunities are available to students in many other fields such as business, communications, English, accounting, economics, information technology, and more. All interested and qualified 1994 students are encouraged to apply.
- Agricultural Business/Management
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Engineering/Mechanics
- Agricultural Production and Technology
- Agronomy or Crop Science
- Animal Sciences
- Computer Science
- Environmental Science
- Farm and Range Management
- Food Sciences/Technology
- Forestry and Related Sciences
- Home Economics/Nutrition
- Natural Resources Management
- Soil Conservation/Soil Science
- Other related disciplines (e.g. non-medical biological sciences, pre-veterinary medicine)